Thursday, February 6, 2014

Watch | Read | Listen {February 2014}

First month of the year gone! Well that was fast, wasn't it? Did you guys see any movies last month? I saw Saving Mr. Banks and Jack Ryan with my family, and The Secret Life of Walter Mitty by myself. I would recommend all of them for different reasons -- Saving Mr. Banks and Walter Mitty were emotional, human, and hopeful, and Jack Ryan was a smart action movie. 

MOVIES
A Fantastic Fear of Everything
Jack (Simon Pegg) is a children's author who becomes a crime novelist, but researching Victorian serial killers turns him into a paranoid wreck, who is afraid of being murdered. When a Hollywood executive takes an interest in Jack's story, his big break turns into a big breakdown. (February 7)

The Monuments Men
Based on a true story, this action drama follows seven museum directors, artists, architects, curators, and art historians, who went into the front lines of WWII to rescue the world's masterpieces from Nazi thieves. Starring George Clooney, Matt Damon, Bill Murray, John Goodman, Jean Dujardin, and Hugh Bonneville. (February 7)

Winter's Tale
Based on the novel by Mark Helprin, this magical story is about Peter Lake (Colin Farrell), a thief in New York City, who falls in love with Beverly Penn (Jessica Brown Findlay), who is dying. Peter is driven to stop time and bring back the dead. Also starring Jennifer Connelly, Russell Crowe, and William Hurt. (February 14)

Welcome to Yesterday
A group of teenage friends create a time machine after realizing that one of them can be seen in a home video of his own 7th birthday, but as a teen. They make the machine and time jump in order to make their lives better, but it has startling and scary repercussions. (Check out the trailer.) (February 28)

Other movies coming out:
  • Robocop (Feb. 12)
  • Endless Love (Feb. 14)
  • In Secret (Feb. 21)
  • Pompeii (Feb. 21)
  • Non-Stop (Feb. 28)
BOOKS & MUSIC
Books & Movies -- Feb 14
Cress by Marissa Meyer -- The third novel in the series continues Cinder and Scarlet's journey as fugitives, plotting to overthrow Queen Levana. Their best hope in accomplishing this lies with Cress, a girl trapped on a satellite since childhood who is an excellent hacker, but Queen Levana will make sure that nothing gets in her way. (February 4)

Somerset by Leila Meacham -- In the antebellum South, Silas Toliver, who was deprived of his inheritance, joins his friend Jeremy Warwick on a wagon expedition to Texas in search of their own fortune. (February 4)

Deadman Wonderland, Vol. 1 by Jinsei Kataoki -- In this graphic novel, middle-school student Ganta Igarashii finds himself framed for the murders of his classmates and sentenced to death in the bizarre park/prison "Deadman Wonderand," but he's determined to clear his name. (February 11)

The Museum of Extraordinary Things by Alice Hoffman -- In the first decades of the 20th century, the electric and passionate love between Coralie Sardie, the daughter of a man who owns Coney Island freakshow, and Eddie Cohan, a Russian photographer who ran away from his father's Orthodox community. (February 18)


Little Mix's Salute (Feb. 4) | John Butler's Flesh & Blood (Feb. 4) 
Kutless' Glory (Feb. 11) | The Fray's Helios (Feb. 25)

Which of these movies, novels or albums are you looking forward to?

Bloglovin ♥ Facebook ♥ Twitter ♥ Pinterest ♥ Instagram
 photo SincerelySaraPostButtonShort_zps1f3e9c17.jpg

Pin It!

16 comments:

  1. It's been such a long time since I've actually seen a movie in the theater! I just rented We Are the Millers and it was absolutely hilarious.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to see Winter's Tale!

    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. I very much want to see Monuments Men. It seems so intriguing. Plus, that cast!

    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really want to see winter's tale, but i want to read it first...so it may be a dvd movie for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so behind on seeing movies... The Monuments Men is top of my list now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to see Monuments Men, it's exactly the kind of story I love - action, adventure and just a little bit of romance, too!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since my nighttime job is at Family Video, I usually just wait for movies to come out on DVD so I can just rent them for free (I'm still in cheap college-kid mode) but I REALLLLLY want to see Monuments Men so I might break that rule just this once lol


    -Chelsea
    chelsandthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. nothing's jumping out at me this month, I guess I'll be saving my money instead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would usually wait to see movies on DVD if I got to see it for free, but now and then it's always nice to break a rule! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was thinking the same! The big is rather long, so it might take me a little white to read it!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, beautiful! Thanks for leaving a comment!
Have a lovely day!
~Sara ♥

Pin It button on image hover