Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Outfit: Best of Westchester Party

I went to the Best of Westchester Party for work last Wednesday. It was a party at the Glen Island Harbour Club in New Rochelle, NY overlooking the Long Island Sound. This party celebrated the best restaurants and services in Westchester, so there were local restaurants, musicians, salons, and more. There was so much amazing food, a small monkey that you could take a picture with, a drag queen, a food truck, you could get a massage, get hair extensions, and dance upstairs in the Vodka Lounge. It was incredible! I used my new camera to take pictures for work while eating sushi and candy, live-tweeting, and posting to Instagram

I actually bought this dress two years ago with my friend Jackie at Target, but for some reason never wore it even though I like the print mixing, the ruffles, and the pockets. I think one reason is because I've always been self-conscious about my arms, so I tend to stay away from sleeveless dresses. But I knew the day of the party it was going to be hot and muggy, and there was no way I was going to wear a sweater over it. So I just wore the dress like you see in the pictures and the world didn't end. Now I want to wear more sleeveless pieces I own without worrying what people think. 
Dress: Target (old) | Bag: Old Navy | Heels: Payless
Bracelet: gift | Lipstick: Revlon Lip Stain in Sweetheart

Are you self-conscious about a part of your body?

Bloglovin ♥ Facebook ♥ Twitter ♥ Pinterest ♥ Instagram
 photo SincerelySaraPostButtonShort_zps1f3e9c17.jpg

Pin It!

25 comments:

  1. That's a great dress! I love the flowers.


    When I'm picking new dresses to buy, I always pay extra attention to where the hem hits. There are certain lengths that I love and certain lengths that end in places that make my legs just look...weird. I'm pretty short, so I have to be careful not to make my legs look extra-stubby. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress looks lovely! And the party sounds like so much fun. What a great opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya! I'm only 4'10, so I have to make sure the hem of my skirts doesn't hit at a weird place too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martie @ SpunkyrellaJuly 29, 2014 at 1:20 PM

    Totally love that dress! You rock the whole style as usual! Hope you took great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So from instagram I totally thought that dress was a skirt and a shirt. It's so awesome! And you look fabulous! Since you are self conscious about your arms (which you shouldn't be, because they're totally normal), one thing you could do is just lift your elbows away from your body just a little bit. Because when everyone just lets their arms hang flat, they squish against the body and look bigger than they actually are. I try to have everyone do that when I photograph them. So there's a tip for you. :) Hope you're having a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute dress Sara! I am definitely self conscious about many parts, sadly... my legs, my collarbone, my shoulders and my wrists... I'm a naturally skinny girl so I hate wearing sleeveless tops (or tank tops) because I feel like people comment "Oh you're so skinny!" in a not-so-nice kind of voice. Grrrr... but anyways, you look great!! :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy moly! You look HOT in this dress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty dress - it was definitely worth hanging onto for the right moment! And although I know it's easy to say this as an outsider (because we all have our body hang-ups that no one can talk us out of) but honestly, you have nothing to be self-conscious about as far as your arms - or anything else - is concerned. You look gorgeous!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is the perfect dress for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, thank you so much, Cee! That's just what I needed to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! We all have things we're self-conscious about and what we see and completely different what someone else sees!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Lauren! I never thought to do that before! Great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Martie! That's okay! I hope you had fun on your trip to the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish I had a chance to take a photo with the monkey! I was too busy running around, but it was so cute! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how bold this print is. You look stunning. Fabulous post, love. If you get a moment, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest. xx

    www.fashboulevard.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw your picture on Instagram and fell in love with that dress. Your shoes are fabulous too, all the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have found the perfect floral dress! You look so lovely!<3

    ReplyDelete
  18. That dress is so PRETTY! The two patterns gives it a nice Anthropologie-type vibe too.


    dash dot dotty

    ReplyDelete

Hello, beautiful! Thanks for leaving a comment!
Have a lovely day!
~Sara ♥

Pin It button on image hover