Thursday, August 28, 2014

Fall TV Guide {2014}

If you know me, then you know I'm obsessed with TV. I get really excited about new shows coming and once I find a show I love I get committed to it. I watch it religiously and love reading articles from TV Guide and Entertainment Weekly about them. What can I say? I love stories and TV shows are stories in an on-going format. 

Below are the TV shows that seem the most interesting and hopefully the ones that will stick around. I obviously can't watch them all (when would I sleep?), so the ones I'm definitely going to keep up with are: Gotham, A to Z, Red Band Society, Selfie, Forever, and The Flash

DRAMA

Gotham

Before Batman, there was Commissioner Gordon (Ben McKenzie). His name is synonymous with law and order. The story shows how James Gordon goes from rookie cop to commissioner, and the crime world that spawned Batman's greatest foes. (FOX, Mondays at 8pm EST, starting Sept. 22)

Gracepoint
This 10-part mystery event stars David Tennant as Detective Emmett Carver, who must figure out who killed a young boy in a sleepy seaside California town. The boy's death sparks a media frenzy and upends the lives of the town's residents. (FOX, Thursday at 9pm EST, starting Oct. 2)

Madam Secretary
Tèa Leoni stars as Elizabeth McCord, the shrewd, determined, newly appointed Secretary of State who drives international diplomacy and battles office politics as she negotiates global and domestic issues, both at the White House and at home. (CBS, Sundays at 8pm EST, starting Sept. 21)

State of Affairs
C.I.A. analyst Charlston Tucker (Katherine Heigl) assembles the president's daily briefing everyday, which consists of the most vital security issues facing the nation. Charlie has a close connection with the president (Alfre Woodard) because she was enganged to the president's son before a terrorist attack took his life. Her job revolves around protecting her country and getting to the bottom of her fiance's murder. (NBC, Mondays at 10pm EST, starting Nov. 17)

COMEDY

A to Z

This show is about Andrew (Ben Feldman) and Zelda (Cristin Milioti), two people who almost didn't meet. Zelda goes to the office of Wallflower Online Dating after her profile has a glitch and there she meets Andrew, who thinks she might be the girl in the silver dress that he's been looking for. This is a cute show and with a 500 Days of Summer-like premise because they tell you instantly that this couple doesn't last. Watch the first episode! (NBC, Thursdays at 9:30pm EST, starting Oct. 2)

Manhattan Love Story

Every wondered what your date was thinking? Well, this romantic comedy will show you the differences between what men and women think as they go on dates and start dating. (ABC, Tuesdays at 8:30pm EST, starting Sept. 30)

Marry Me
Casey Wilson and Ken Morino star as Annie and Jake, who met six years ago and have been inseparable ever since, but just as he's about to pop the question Annie accidentally ruins it. They decide to wait for the perfect moment, but things always get in their way. (NBC, Tuesdays at 9pm EST, starting Oct. 14)

Red Band Society 

This dramedy is a coming-of-age story that follows a group of rule-bending friends who stay at a Los Angeles hospital for various reasons. There's humor and heartbreak, friendship and love, and everything in between. (FOX, Wednesdays at 9pm EST, starting Sept. 17)

Selfie

Eliza (Karen Gillian) has 263,000 followers, but after a horrible day with no friends coming to her aid, she realizes that being friended is not the same as having friends. So she asks marketing guru Henry (John Cho) to "rebrand" her  and maybe help make her a better person along the way. I saw this I already saw the first episode and although I wasn't expecting much from this show, it was actually really funny and likeable. You can watch the pilot here! (ABC, Tuesdays at 8pm EST, starting Sept. 30)

FANTASY / SCI-FI

Constantine
Based on the comic, Hellblazer, this show follows Constantine (Matt Ryan) whose soul is damned to hell. He fights to protect innocent people by using his knowledge of the supernatural to send evil back where it belongs. (NBC, Fridays at 10pm EST, starting Oct. 21)

Forever

Doctor Henry Morgan (Ioan Gruffudd) does just study the dead to solve crimes, he does it to solve the mystery of his own immortality. He's been alive for over 200 years and has no idea why. (ABC, Tuesdays at 10pm EST, starting Sept. 23)

The Flash
Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) was eleven when his mother was killed and his father was falsely convicted of the murder. Raised by a detective, Barry is now a brilliant CSI investigator. Barry's latest obsession is a particle acccelorator, but at the unveiling something goes wrong and Barry wakes up after nine months in a coma to find that he has super speed. (CW, Tuesdays at 8pm EST, starting Oct. 7)

Which shows will you be tuning in to?

Bloglovin ♥ Facebook ♥ Twitter ♥ Pinterest ♥ Instagram
 photo SincerelySaraPostButtonShort_zps1f3e9c17.jpg

Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. i am a huge tv addiact but sadly all these tv seriels are telicasted in india months later :(

    keep in touch

    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep seeing the Gotham commercials and can't help but be interested! I've also never heard of Gracepoint, but it looks interesting! (I love Tennant) I also think Master Chef Junior has a new season coming out this fall....which is what I'm most looking forward too...along with Supernatural, Teen Wolf, and Doctor Who! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to Gotham. It seems really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was only planning on keeping up with Gotham and The Flash, but Gracepoint sounds pretty interesting so I may have to set my DVR for that one too. I might check out Selfie because I love Karen Gillan and John Cho, but I have a feeling it won't last longer than one season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a Batman fan, but I love prequel-y stories. Gotham looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am SUCH a TV junkie! I don't just flip through the channels but I follow a large handful of shows and watch them online. I have a hard time starting new shows but some of these look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am intrigued by the sound of Forever, and I am a big fan of Arrow, so I am really looking forward to The Flash, as well.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, beautiful! Thanks for leaving a comment!
Have a lovely day!
~Sara ♥

Pin It button on image hover