Friday, May 15, 2015

Interview: Kate of Clear Creative Consulting

Today I'm interviewing Kate of Clear Creative Consulting. 
Get to know her new endeavor and how you can benefit. 
Clear Creative Consulting exists to help new or struggling bloggers develop the tools and confidence needed to blog with passion and ease. After paving my own way to blogging success with my personal blog Clear the Way, I felt inspired to share my knowledge and talents with others and so Clear Creative Consulting was born. My mission is to help clarify and streamline the process of blogging so you can enjoy the fun stuff. Through one-on-one consultations, collaborative online courses and exclusive memberships, bloggers can learn all they need to run efficient and successful blogs. Browse my full list of services and sign up for my Personal Branding Strategy course to get started on your way to happy blogging!

INTERVIEW
You blog at Clear the Way, a lifestyle and feminist blog. How did you get into blogging?

I started blogging as a way to make my online time more productive and creative.  Clear the Way was a fashion blog when it first started out but it quickly developed into my favorite hobby and a real passion.

You recently launched Clear Creative Consulting, a business that helps bloggers. What made you start this new venture?

I’ve wanted to start a business for a while now, but I have been careful in figuring out what business would use my best strengths and make me feel the most fulfilled. I am a great teacher with tons of blogging and social media experience and I love helping others reach their goals. Clear Creative Consulting just made sense.

I love that you're a badass feminist. Everyone is a feminist for a different reason. Why are you a feminist?

First of all, thank you so much for calling me a badass feminist. My journey of becoming and growing as a feminist started a long time before I even knew what feminism was. Feminism is my language. It’s how I see the world from a place of love and understanding. It’s how I relate to God and my spirituality. It connects me to the cares and concerns of others and opens up my mind to the real truths of the world.

What's one place you've always wanted to visit?

Iceland. I don’t even have to think about it. I dream of hikes in the almost-unearthly landscapes, epiphanies in the natural hot springs, tears while I watch the dancing Northern lights. One day...
Do you have a favorite book? A favorite author?

It is impossible for me to choose a single favorite book or favorite author. Instead, I’ll offer long-time favorites and favorites most recently added to the list. I’m a big fan of The Sound and The Fury by William Faulkner and I’ve always been fond of Fyodor Dostoevsky. As far as most recent favorites, the book The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood was really great and I love the author bell hooks (especially her books on love).

Why did you choose to be vegan? Do you have any tips for people looking to become vegan?

I first became vegetarian because eating meat didn’t sit well with me. In time, I explored my health and diet and eventually determined that veganism was the right choice for me. For others thinking about becoming vegan, I would advise them to take it as an opportunity to discover a new way of living. Don’t think about it as “giving up” but rather as “inviting in” a new way of relating to the world, being a conscious consumer, caring for other living creatures, being healthy, and whatever other aspects you find appealing about veganism.

What are some of your life goals?

I love this question. I am such a goals person and I’m always thinking about my future. I would love to build a strong business out of Clear Creative Consulting that will last me through my long educational career (pursuing a PhD) and be a sustainable, fulfilling side project while I teach feminist theory at a University and write books.
How do you stay inspired? Any tips?

I always stay inspired because I crave inspiration. If you really crave something, you go out and search for it. Moments of feeling uninspired may come but they pass quickly because I’m always on the lookout for finding the extraordinary, enlightening things in the world.

Get 20% off discount on the Personal Branding Strategy class with the code SARA20! 
Kate also has two free classes coming up: Social Media Tips & Tricks and How To Rock At Twitter Chats


Bloglovin ♥ Facebook ♥ Twitter ♥ Pinterest ♥ Instagram
 photo SincerelySaraPostButtonShort_zps1f3e9c17.jpg

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Great tips for becoming a vegan! I am always trying to do mu best to make better vegan choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate is such an amazing person! I have been following her for about a year and her business too when it launched and have always enjoyed her work.

    Katrina Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  3. ElleSees.blogspot.comMay 16, 2015 at 11:15 PM

    loved the interview with her! i need to check her out! great sounding services.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, beautiful! Thanks for leaving a comment!
Have a lovely day!
~Sara ♥

Pin It button on image hover