Friday, July 17, 2015

Sponsor Spotlight: Four Thrillers To Keep You Up All Night

Llinos of The Lilac Linnet is sharing four thrillers to keep you up all night!
Four Thrillers
Hi everyone! Today I am here to share with you the books which I could not put down because we all love a thriller, right? What I'm looking for when I pick up a thriller is a read which will consume my mind and leave me gasping for more when I can finally drag my eyes away from it. These books did just that!

The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

Surely you have heard of this book by now, and I would advise you to read it as soon as you can get your hands on a copy.  

Rachel travels on a train past her old house every morning, and one day she spots a suspicious moment between her neighbours. When the woman goes missing, Rachel is catapulted into the investigation and the path of her ex-husband with devastating results.  

Don't think about it, just read it. It's a book that climbed inside my head. It's definitely the book which I have been recommending more than any other this year.

Kiss Me First by Lottie Moggach

Leila is a naive girl who lives a very isolated life following the death of her mother. Most of her contact with the world happens online on a website forum called Red Pill, and the owner asks her to become complicit in the suicide of the vibrant and beautiful Tess, by impersonating her online after her death.  

I didn't expect to love this book so much, but I was drawn into the complicated and intense relationship between these two such different women. It raises questions about our online personas and our view of suicide. It may be uncomfortable in places but it really jolts you into challenging your thoughts on some tough issues. 

No Time For Goodbye by Linwood Barclay

When Cynthia was 14 years old, her parents and brother disappeared without a trace, and she has always wondered if her actions of that evening, of staying out late with an unsuitable boy, are to blame. Now a wife and mother herself, Cynthia's husband Terry is the narrator of this exploration into what happened all those years ago.  

What is haunting about this novel is that we see events through Cynthia's husband's eyes and not Cynthia's, and can only watch helplessly as Terry is forced to ask, did Cynthia have anything to do with the events of that dreadful night? Can their marriage survive when they are both doubting the other? A compulsive read for sure.

Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier

Our unnamed narrator marries the master of Manderley, but when she becomes its mistress she soon discovers that everyone is obsessed with his previous wife Rebecca. How can she compete with this beautiful, dead paragon of femininity? 

This book started off quite slowly, but it soon ramped up as the forbidding housekeeper Mrs Danvers threatens the narrator, and the true events which led up to the death of Rebecca are ominously revealed....Spooky and atmospheric, Rebecca will draw you into her web as well.


Do you have any thrillers to recommend?

Bloglovin ♥ Facebook ♥ Twitter ♥ Pinterest ♥ Instagram
 photo SincerelySaraPostButtonShort_zps1f3e9c17.jpg

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. I keep hearing great things about The Girl on the Train!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sara, thanks for sharing these tips! I remember it so well when I read Rebecca ... I couldn't really stop reading :) Enjoy your weekend!

    xx Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hannah @TheBraidedBanditJuly 18, 2015 at 11:34 AM

    I'm almost done with my book right now and needed new recommendations, thank you! Definitely thinking of picking up the girl on the train! Hope you're having a great day! xo Hannah
    The Braided Bandit BLOG

    The Braided Bandit SHOP


    p.s. I'm holding a fun giveaway for a $100 giftcard to my vintage shop if you want to enter! :)
    http://thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com/2015/07/win-100-gift-card-to-braided-bandit.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, Girl on The Trains has been on my reading list for months now - I definitely need to get on it!

    Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad I read this post! Unfortunately (or, fortunately?) these are the books that are easiest for me to read, especially when I'm in a reading rut and have trouble picking up a book. Because you just can't STOP reading them! Adding them to my list right now!!

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete

Hello, beautiful! Thanks for leaving a comment!
Have a lovely day!
~Sara ♥

Pin It button on image hover