Wednesday, October 5, 2016

#NaNoWriMo: Inspiration For My Fairytale Retelling Novel

I know, I know, it's only October and NaNoWriMo (aka the month in which all participating writers sacrifice sleep and sanity to write 50,000 words) happens during November, but I like to get a jumpstart. In fact, I got the idea for my current novel way back in December and have been writing it very slowly ever since. With NaNoWriMo looming ever closer, I've started picking up my writing pace and now I'm more than halfway through it. 

I'm hoping to be almost done with it by start of November, so that I can use NaNoWriMo to help me finish the first draft and get a jump on editing. You see, the whole novel is handwritten in two notebooks, so I have no idea how many words I've written. Plus, I need to add a lot of descriptions and details to make the story come alive. 

There are a million and one Beauty and the Beast retellings out there. I know because I like reading them, but when you get an idea that you can't stop thinking about you just have to go for it and this novel has been SO FUN to write. It's the one I've enjoyed writing the most so far. 

So here's some stuff in this novel:
  • A curse that seems impossible to break
  • An angry young woman who can never leave her castle, but it's fine because she gets a lot of reading done
  • An awkward, endearing young man who just wants to go on adventures until he has to go on an adventure (it doesn't happen at all how he thought it would)
  • A tough beast hunter who comes to town
  • A poison that can kill any magical creature
  • Roses that never wilt or die
  • Scary wolves
  • Sadly no talking household objects
  • And a library I wish I had
Is this something you think you'd want to read? Once I finish the first draft and edit the hell out of it, I might be looking for some beta readers to help me fine tune it. 

Without further ado, here's some beautiful inspiration from Pinterest... 


Bloglovin ♥ Facebook ♥ Twitter ♥ Pinterest ♥ Instagram
 photo SincerelySaraPostButtonShort_zps1f3e9c17.jpg

Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, beautiful! Thanks for leaving a comment!
Have a lovely day!
~Sara ♥

Pin It button on image hover